Inspector V1.3 hotfix

Unfortunately we discovered a small bug in 1.3, the Database ownership module default warning level was not showing a yellow advisory condition when using the Inspector default warning level (NULL), we have now updated Git with the latest revision. If you would rather not re install 1.3 again you can workaround the issue by running... Continue Reading →

Inspector V1.3 now available

Inspector V1.3 is now available on GitHub. We have updated the sample report for you to play with which includes the new informational section added in this build. We updated our getting started guide. We know some of you really hate linked servers so we have been working on a powershell collection which will allow... Continue Reading →

A curious case of case when and Null values

For some reason I have always written my Case statements using the following logic:   It wasn't until recently that I noticed that there is another syntax that can be used with the CASE expression, the interesting part about this other form is that it is rather aesthetically pleasing when dealing with multiple WHEN clauses... Continue Reading →

Inspector V1.2 now available

It has been long overdue but finally V1.2 is now available on GitHub. V1.2 brings a lot of changes, We put together a sample report for you to play with but here is an overview of what has been added.   Enhancements:  #9 Long running transactions module added - A new setting has been added to  [Inspector].[Settings]. This setting... Continue Reading →

Inspector V1.2 revised installation guide

Pre-requisites: SQL 2012 or higher SQL Server Agent A database to store the the data collected by the agent jobs (this can be one you use for your other DBA needs it doesn’t have to be a dedicated database) Optional: For instances with availability groups where you take backups on the secondary replicas you will... Continue Reading →

The SQL Agents’ view of SQL Server

I recently came across a really odd issue with the SQL Agent, there were two agent jobs attached to one schedule one of the jobs was enabled and the other was not enabled - all pretty normal at this point but here is where it got weird. The disabled job was running on schedule regardless!... Continue Reading →

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑